Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. We receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
EcoFlow Delta Pro and Delta Max (Max 1600 and Max 2000) are powerful, expandable solar power stations that offer a modular, portable battery solution. If you’re considering the purchase of a modular EcoFlow battery pack, you have three impressive options to choose from. In this article, we will compare EcoFlow Delta Pro vs EcoFlow Delta Max (both EcoFlow Delta Max 1600 and EcoFlow Delta Max 2000) in detail, so you can make an informed decision.
The Delta Pro is the flagship model of the brand and comes with a built-in 3600Wh LifePO4 battery, which can be expanded up to a massive 25kWh by adding Extra Batteries and the Smart Generator.
The Delta Max comes in two variants; the Delta Max 1600 and the Delta Max 2000. These lithium power stations offer a respective 1602Wh and 2016Wh capacity, and can be expanded up to 6kWh with the addition of Extra Batteries and the Smart Gas Generator.
Each model has a different AC inverter system under the hood. To help you decide, we’ve outlined the advantages and disadvantages of each model below.
The Delta Pro offers the highest capacity of the three models, making it the most powerful and suitable for larger operations. It’s also the most expensive model.
The Delta Max 1600 is the most affordable option, offering a decent capacity and sufficient power for most applications.
The Delta Max 2000 is the perfect compromise between the two, offering more capacity than the Delta Max 1600 but at a lower cost than the Delta Pro.
Each model has its own unique advantages and disadvantages, and the best option for you will depend on your needs and budget.
EcoFlow Delta Pro
EcoFlow Delta Max 2000
EcoFlow Delta Max 1600
EcoFlow Delta Pro vs Delta Max – What to Buy?
We have three incredible power stations from EcoFlow that you can consider buying for your home or outdoor needs. The Delta Pro is the highest-end model and is perfect for a home backup system. Its two lower-end models, the Delta Maxes, have modular features and are perfect for use in RVs, campervans, and other outdoor activities.
The great thing is that all the machines have expandable battery packs, allowing you to take their storage capacities to higher levels. This means you can power more of your appliances and other gadgets.
The Delta Pro is especially exciting, as you can pair two of them with a Smart Home Panel to achieve double inverter power of 7200 watts at 240V. Plus, it comes with an LFP battery, which is a bit heavier but offers ultra-safety and longer lifespans. Meanwhile, the Delta Max variants come with NCM lithium battery packs that make them much more lightweight and easier to take on trips.
For instance, the Delta Pro weighs 99 lbs, while each Delta Max weighs only 48 lbs. However, remember that each model comes with different storage capacities and is meant for different purposes. The Delta Pro is perfect for home backup, while the Delta Max variants are better suited for outdoor use. With the right solar panels or other power options, you can get unlimited portable power!
EcoFlow Delta Pro vs Delta Max – Smart Accessories
- 3600Wh LFP Battery Pack: This is exactly the same battery as the Delta Pro, and you can pair up to two units of the battery pack to a Delta Pro to increase its capacity to a huge 10.8kWh.
- Chargeable from Smart Generator: You can charge the Delta Pro Extra battery directly from EcoFlow’s Smart Generator in order to keep it as an emergency backup for your off-grid life.
- Built-in LCD Screen: Though an add-on battery, it has got its own LCD screen so that you can have a glimpse at vital information like charging status and charging time. You can also have a look at its charging status on the EcoFlow mobile app.
- 2016Wh NCM Lithium Battery Pack: It is a 2016Wh lithium extra battery for Delta Max. You can pair up to two units of the same to a Delta Max to take its storage capacity up to 6048Wh.
- Chargeable from Smart Generator: Like the Delta Pro Extra battery, you can also charge this battery directly from EcoFlow’s Smart Generator to make it an emergency backup for your off-grid life.
- Built-in LCD Screen: The Delta Max extra battery also features its own LCD screen so that you can have a look at the important information about its charging status and others independently.
- Smart, Energy-Efficient Gas Generator: It is a 1800W smart gas generator from EcoFlow to be used as an emergency power charger for its Delta Pro and Max. With a peak power of 1900W and an output of 42-58.8V @ 32A max, it can charge your Delta power stations in an emergency.
- AC Output: Thanks to its built-in AC outlets, you can use the smart generator exactly like any traditional gas generator to run your AC appliances.
- Auto-Start Feature: The EcoFlow gas generator touts an auto-start feature, which lets you keep your EcoFlow Delta system powered with no break. You can set a charge level to make it auto-start, charge your Delta power stations, and auto-shutdown after.
- High-Efficiency 400W Solar Panel: It is EcoFlow’s famous 400W, four-fold mono solar charger for its bigger power stations, including Delta Pro and Delta Max series.
- Higher Conversion Efficiency: The EcoFlow solar panel has a higher conversion efficiency of 22.4% so it can charge your Delta Pro and Delta Max in fewer hours under a bright sun.
- Highly Portable: With 400W output, you need only two of the folding solar panels for Delta Max 1600 and Delta Max 2000, whereas four units of the panels are enough to reach the maximum solar input of a Delta Pro.
- Waterproof and Robust: Made with flexible EVA and durable fiberglass, what you get is a waterproof and highly durable solar panel for outdoor applications. The ETFE layer over the mono solar cells can further safeguard them from water, dirt, and more.
- 4000 BTU Portable AC: EcoFlow Wave is a portable air conditioner with a 330W compressor to chill up your outdoor spaces like RVs and tents with the cooling of 86°F to 75°F in just eight Minutes.
- 1008Wh Add-On Battery: Though having an add-on battery for a runtime of up to eight hours, you can also run it from the EcoFlow Delta Pro and Delta Max series for additional runtime.
- Pairable with Delta Max and Pro via XT150: You can easily pair the Wave AC with the Delta power stations using the XT150 DC cable, which is the same cable that connects the power stations with their extra battery packs.
EcoFlow Delta Pro 3600 Price
EcoFlow Delta Pro 3600 is available at a price of $3,699 on the EcoFlow website as of the time of this writing.
It is the price of the basic device only. You need to spend extra if you want to bundle it up with its smart extra batteries, a smart gas generator, and the required solar panels.
A single unit of the Delta Pro extra battery costs $2,799, while the smart gas generator costs $1,399, and a single unit of the 400W solar panel is priced at $1,199. Hence, if you want to buy an overall bundle of Delta Pro, it will cost over $10,000, but you will have an unrivaled portable power source in your hand.
EcoFlow offers the device in various bundles on its website to meet your requirements at the best price.
EcoFlow Delta Max Price
The Delta Max, as you see, comes in two variants; Max 1600 and Max 2000. They are respectively priced at $1,699 and $1,999 as of writing this.
EcoFlow has these devices in attractive bundles with smart batteries, smart generators, and solar panels.
EcoFlow also has the Delta Pro and Delta Max power stations in some cool bundles with its new Wave air conditioner. So, it will be rather handy for a buyer to get a cool choice of their products at the best price.
That has been our take on the EcoFlow Delta Pro and EcoFlow Delta Max power stations.
We have covered all the key features of the high-capacity solar power stations from EcoFlow. The Delta Pro, as you know, is the flagship model of the brand with a highly expandable storage capacity and inverter power. The Delta Max series is the next bigger power station from the brand, which has made a notable presence in the portable solar power station market with its line-up of cool devices.
Bobby is a part-time blogger who is highly passionate about off-grid and sustainable power systems and is an expert at researching and exploring new topics, checking facts, and presenting things in simple language. As an avid observer of the global off-grid power and battery market, he is really excited to share with you the latest trends, fresh products, and other developments in the markets.