Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. We receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
Discover the Convenience and Safety of AUTO-VOX’s Solar1 Pro Backup Camera
I want to share my personal experience with the AUTO-VOX Solar1 Pro Backup Camera (link), a game-changer for my 8 year old Jeep. We all know how challenging it can be to reverse or park, especially in busy areas or when time is tight. Having an extra set of eyes at the back of your car can make a world of difference.
What sets the AUTO-VOX Solar1 Pro Backup Camera (link) apart is not only its advanced features but its efficient design and movable camera. Let me tell you why I highly recommend installing this state-of-the-art backup camera in your vehicle.
Solar1 Pro Features
The backup camera transmits in Full High Definition (HD) which means 1080p video quality streamed directly to the dashboard video unit. The backup camera is equipped with a 3350mah battery, 110 degree visibility, and a solar panel to keep the battery fully charged. This means there is no need to wire data or power lines to the back of the car. The video unit can be mounted to the car’s windshield with the sticky suction cup, but you will need to route the car charger cable in that case.
One of the great features of this camera is the night vision, providing a clear image in those difficult and dangerous situations with limited light. As well, the Ingress Protection (IP) rating is IP69K, which decodes to:
- 6 = No dust ingress
- 9K = Protected against close-range high pressure, high temperature spray downs (car washes and severe weather)
Installing the Solar1 Pro
First off, the DIY installation was a breeze. I was able to attach the solar backup camera to my license plate with just a screwdriver, and the monitor was easily powered using the included car charger. No need to shell out extra money for professional installation or OEM parts, saving me hundreds of dollars. In my 2015 Jeep I would need to replace the entire car stereo unit for a Jeep installed backup camera to provide the same capability!
A standout feature of this camera is its solar panel. The onboard battery continuously charges when exposed to sunlight, reducing the need for manual charging. Not only is it convenient, but it’s a breeze to install, and it won’t require any rewiring. One of the only downsides to the install process was a 4 hour charging cycle that needs to take place before installing the camera. This ensures the Solar1 Pro has enough juice to pair properly and work from the start.
The install process took just a few minutes. I applied the vibration damping sticker to the backside of the mounting bracket, then unscrewed my license plate. Once the license plate, camera mounting bracket, and car screw holes were lined up, I pulled the trigger on my electric drill and the camera was installed. Don’t forget to flip the switch located on the side of the camera to turn it on.
On the inside of the car I simply connected the car charger and video unit, then powered on the car. The first connection takes a few seconds to get the camera and receiver to pair, but once accomplished the rest is a piece of cake. Now every time I turn my car on, the backup camera comes to life and gives me a view behind my car for around the first minute of driving.
How well does the Solar1 Pro work?
The camera provides a clear view and accurate distance measurements, even at night. This feature helps me effortlessly navigate crowded parking spaces and avoid potential collisions.
Gone are the days of laggy and unreliable backup cameras. The one-button activation feature instantly syncs the monitor to show real-time images. No more wasting time pairing your phone or dealing with frustrating connections. Just press a button, and you’re good to go!
I am really excited about the IP69K waterproof rating, making it durable and able to withstand rain, fog, and mud. We don’t have a lot of that in Arizona, but we have a lot of dust, wind, and sun. The sturdy metal case, PCB-coating, and sealing adhesive ensure you always have a clear view, no matter the weather.
A test unit was provided for this review. I recommend you check out the AUTO-VOX store on Amazon or look here for the link direct to the Solar1 Pro Backup Camera. They currently have a great coupon available to drop the price $30!
- 【Save $200 in 3 Min’s DIY】 Only need 1 screwdriver, easily attach the solar backup camera to the license plate backup camera and power the wireless backup camera monitor using a car charger, eliminating the need for wiring and saving $200 on installation costs. The portable battery-powered backup camera design also makes it convenient to remove and re-install the solar wireless backup camera on another vehicle or location.
- 【Rechargeable Battery Life with Solar Powered】 The wireless backup camera for car with a battery keeps charging when the solar panel is in the face of strong sunlight, reduces manual charging times, and has no car battery drain-out issues. The backup camera for car can be powered through the USB port in winter or in times of lack of sunlight.
- 【Accurate Measurement for Parking Safety】The wireless backup camera for trucks can adjust the parking line’s width, moving them Left/Right/Up/Down to help you easily back into crowded areas. The backup camera for truck also comes with a reverse hitch guide camera feature, which provides a clear and accurate view to hitch up a trailer as a wireless trailer camera.
- 【Sync Signal with One-button Activation】 The backup camera with a 5” monitor auto-shows real-time images once activated, avoiding the dangers caused by lags, buffers, or disconnects. No timing waste for phone pairing anymore. The back up camera for cars can be set to display for 45s/60s/90s once for reverse use.
- 【IP69K Waterproof Back Up Camera Systems for Truck】Backup camera wireless upgrades the waterproof rate from their metal case, PCB-Coating, and sealing adhesive, which can fully replace the rear view mirror camera and provides a clear view in rain, and fog.
Bobby is a part-time blogger who is highly passionate about off-grid and sustainable power systems and is an expert at researching and exploring new topics, checking facts, and presenting things in simple language. As an avid observer of the global off-grid power and battery market, he is really excited to share with you the latest trends, fresh products, and other developments in the markets.