Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. We receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
The big-size solar home power ecosystems are the new trend in the portable solar power market. After EP500 and EP500 Pro, Bluetti has launched yet another large-size home backup system called AC500. The new 5000W Bluetti power station might be a tremendous threat to EcoFlow’s top-seller Delta Pro.
In our take on EcoFlow Delta Pro Vs Bluetti AC500, we would like to have a look at the key specs and features of the two heavy-duty home backup systems. Unlike Delta Pro, as you may know, AC500 is a 100% modular solar power station with no built-in battery and is a bigger variant of its much-touted AC300.
EcoFlow Delta Pro is still one of the most-selling home power backup systems. With a 3.6-25kWh storage capacity and 3600-7200W AC output, Delta Pro is an excellent source of off-grid and portable power. Let us see how AC500 is going to create waves in the segment of large, modular power stations.
By the way, Zendure, another growing player in the portable solar power market, has launched a tough competitor to both Bluetti and EcoFlow in home backup systems. Called Zendure SuperBase V, it is a 6.4kWh/3600W power station that can be cranked up to an unparalleled 64kWh with several extra battery modules.
|Bluetti AC500+B300S Official Release: Following the massive success of its Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, Bluetti is all set to launch its biggest-ever solar power station AC500 with B300S on its website on 24th, November 2022 for the Black Friday sale. Check it out on the link below for the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
Bluetti AC500 Release Date Update: Bluetti has launched AC500+B300S on Indiegogo with an early bird pricing of $2999 for the AC500+B300S combo.
Bluetti AC500 Price Update: Days ahead of the Indiegogo launch of AC500 in September 2022, Bluetti has made a surprise announcement of the early bird prices of AC500 and B300S for limited buyers. The combo of AC500+B300S will be on sale at $2999 (38% off of its MSRP of $4799), and AC500+2*B300S will cost $4699 (36% off of its MSRP of $7297.)
Bluetti AC500 Power Station
|BUY IT HERE|
|BUY ON AMAZON|
Why Bluetti AC500?
Bluetti AC500 is a highly powerful home backup power station. It is ideal for home power, prolonged power outages, and off-grid power systems. Thanks to its 5000W AC inverter with a surge of power of 10000 watts, it can be the power center of your home and can run entire your household attached with sufficient additional battery packs.
Let us have a look at the key features of the apex of the power stations from Bluetti.
- 3072Wh – 18432Wh High-Storage Capacity: As you know already, AC500 comes with no inbuilt battery exactly like its younger sibling AC300. But you can attach it with up to six units of the brand’s B300S 3072Wh LFP battery packs. That means you can expand the storage capacity of the heavy-duty system up to 1843Wh as per your requirements.
- Powerful LiFePO4 Battery Packs: The B300S battery packs are made of long-lasting and ultra-safe LFP cells. They can assure you a lifetime of over 3500 charging cycles.
- Maximum 8000W Charging Input: With a solar input of up to 3000W maximum and AC charging input of up to 5000W maximum, you can charge the biggie Bluetti power station at an overall rate of up to 8000 watts. As per the brand, the combo will make you recharge it up to 80% in under an hour.
- 16 Charging Outlets: Including three AC outlets, the Bluetti powerhouse features 16 charging outlets overall. They include single units of 120V L14-30 (30A), TT-30 (30A), and NEMA14-50 (50A) outlets. Coming to USBs, it sports a pair of 100W USB Type-C PD ports, and as many USB-A 5V/3A and USB-A 18W sockets. The DC ports included are a 12V/30A RV port and a 24V/10A carport and it also touts two 15W wireless chargers.
- B300S Extra Battery Output Ports: Well, the B300S extra battery pack comes with several charging outlets. They include one 100W USB Type-C PD port, an 18W USB-A port, and a pair of 12V/10A DC car sockets.
- B300S Charging Inputs: Apart from charging outlets, the B300S also incorporates individual solar and AC charging inputs and so it can act like a separate solar power station. The charging options are a 500W AC input and a 500W solar input apart from a 12/24V cigarette lighter port for charging.
Why EcoFlow Delta Pro?
EcoFlow Delta Pro is simply the biggest machine from EcoFlow, a major player in the market of portable power systems. It is a huge home power ecosystem with a built-in battery of 3.6Wh capacity, which is a premium-quality LiFePO4 battery pack. You can expand it up to a massive 25kWh using the brand’s smart battery packs and the smart gas generator.
Let us have a look at the key features of Delta Pro below.
- 3600Wh – 25000Wh Massive Capacity: A unit of Delta Pro equips 3.6kWh built-in storage capacity. Paired with two units of the brand’s Smart Extra Batteries, you can take it up to 10.8kWh. By adding one more Delta Pro to the mix along with two Smart Gas Generators, you get the ultimate power of 25kWh.
- 3600W – 7200W AC Output: A unit of Delta Pro is equipped with a large 3600W pure sine wave inverter that can surge at 7200 watts. Moreover, you can pair two machines to get 7200W @ 240V output to power pretty much anything in your household.
- 1800W AC and 1600W Solar Inputs: Though not comparable to Bluetti AC500, Delta Pro allows pretty powerful AC and solar charging speeds. The AC input is 1800W Max at 120V and 3000W Max at 240V and the built-in solar charging input is 1600 watts.
- 15 Charging Outlets: Delta Pro highlights five AC outlets of 3600 watts, but when its X-Boost mode is turned on, it can deliver up to 4500 watts. The other charging ports include a 126W carport, a pair of 100W USB Type-C PD ports, 12.6V,3A DC sockets, and more.
- EcoFlow Smart Generator: Though not a greener tech, EcoFlow’s smart gas generator is another attraction. It can produce a power of 1800 watts on gas and 1600 watts on LPG to provide essential power backup for the Delta Pro ecosystem in situations of prolonged power outages and extreme storms.
Bluetti AC500 Specs
Bluetti B300S Specs
That has been our take on EcoFlow Delta Pro Vs Bluetti AC500. As you know, there are indeed many reasons for Bluetti’s AC500 to have the upper hand over its EcoFlow alternative. Starting with a higher AC output to a fast solar charging input, the Bluetti powerhouse is having a clear edge over Delta Pro. Share your thoughts about the heavy power stations for home backup in the comments below.
Bobby is a part-time blogger who is highly passionate about off-grid and sustainable power systems and is an expert at researching and exploring new topics, checking facts, and presenting things in simple language. As an avid observer of the global off-grid power and battery market, he is really excited to share with you the latest trends, fresh products, and other developments in the markets.